Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life Since Abram's Birth

Since our newest little boy was born two weeks ago, we've had some adjustments to make.  Y'know, like nursing a baby 24/7 and endless diaper changes all while trying to keep a farming household running.
Thankfully the weather has been fairly cooperative and I've been able to hang the laundry out (yes, even the next morning after he was born).  I always love my clothesline and I find it rather cathartic to hang things in an orderly fashion when things inside the house and in my life can seem rather disorderly.

I've been able take a few naps since he was born so that helps.  I wish I could rest every day but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Some friends have helped with meals which got us through the first several days.  That is truly such an appreciated way to help.  I'm sure our family's size can be rather intimidating to cook for, but we really are pretty easy to please.  Knowing dinner or supper would be taken care of was such a load off my mind.


I'm not sure how much of Abram's birth story I'm ready to share right now, but the quick version is he was a footling breech born in the ambulance in the garage of the hospital 14 minutes after my water broke.

Makes you want to stay tuned, doesn't it?





2 comments:

  1. WOW! Yes, I'll stay tuned. Can't wait to hear the rest of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, yeah. I want to hear about that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...