Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How Do You Do It?

"How do you do it?"

I get this question asked of me all the time.

I don't know how to answer very well because what is usually implied is a mathematical equation.
If I have 2 kids and she has 10 kids, she must be 5 times as busy as I am...5 times the work...5 times the cooking...5 times as tired.

There is often a reference to how organized I must be or how well-behaved my kids must be that I keep having more.  It is assumed that I am more patient or that my husband more helpful than hers.

It just ain't so, folks.
Having more kids than you doesn't mean I'm more anything than you.
I'm a wife and a mom.
With rare exception, the person who asks me this question is a wife and a mom.
Same.

My friend Carrie posted an article today on facebook and I LOVE it.
Please go read the author's lovely way of explaining her answer to that question.
I feel like I should copy it off and hand it out to every person who asks me how I do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...