If you read my blog, and are somewhat close geographically, you may be interested in these workshops which are coming to Fergus Falls this weekend.
Considering Homeschooling Workshop
Has the thought of home educating your children crossed your mind? Have you ever wondered if it might work for your family? Attending a MACHE sponsored Considering Homeschooling workshop might be just the thing to help you decide if it is the right thing for you.
These workshops are designed especially for parents who are exploring the possibility of home educating or have recently begun the journey. Parents with children of all ages will find this workshop informative and practical. From the infant to the high school senior, parents are the most significant teacher their child will ever have.
What are some of the questions this workshop will answer?
- What are the legal requirements for a parent to homeschool?
- What do I need to get started?
- Am I qualified to educate my children?
- What about the socialization of my children?
- Where do I find curriculum?
- How do I choose curriculum?
- How do I know it's the right choice for me?
- What are the advantages of home educating my children?
- How much does home education cost - financially and in other ways?
- What if my children are older and in high school?
- How is home education different from other education choices?
Check the Homeschooling Workshop Calendar to find out when and where the next Considering Homeschooling workshop is scheduled.
MACHE is adding a second traveling workshop option for home educating families. There is a growing need for information regarding homeschooling your high school student in Minnesota and we have created this workshop to address some of the most common questions. This 3 1/2 hour workshop will provide information about:
- Keeping records, creating transcripts and building resumes;
- 'Double-dipping' to earn college credits in high school;
- Maneuvering through the maze of college entrance testing;
- Choosing a post high school path other than college;
- Participating in extra and co-curricular activities;
- Managing the 'difficult' subjects (Algebra, Chemistry etc.)
Homeschooling through the high school years can be a tremendous blessing and an opportunity for you and your children. This workshop will address parents' questions regarding these important years of growth and potential. You can do it!
Check the Homeschooling Workshop Calendar to find out when and where the next Finishing the Journey - Homeschooling your High Schooler workshop is scheduled.
For more information contact MACHE at:
P. O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
Metro area: 763-717-9070
Greater MN (toll-free): 866-717-9070
Copyright 2005, MACHE