Friday, January 11, 2013

Stormy Days

I was supposed to have an appointment with my midwife today, but needed to cancel due to weather.
See why?
Yeah.  Couldn't argue Dennis on that one.

I was excited to meet with her again, but mostly I was looking forward to a day trip as her office is 1 1/2 hours away.

In one way, though, I'm sort of glad there's a storm...
On my previous appointment in early December,  Dennis had suggested we make a date of the next appointment...a little getaway, even.
So he said if I worked out all the details (what to do and hotel reservations) that we could plan to be gone overnight.  I was SO excited--we've never done that in our 16 years of marriage ...gone somewhere "just because".  I've read that some people do a little "babymoon" during their pregnancy and, well, I've been pregnant/nursing for pretty much all of our marriage so it sounded romantic, fun, and indulgent.
There's not much "indulgence" in the life of a mother of ten.

So, I looked around on the internet for ideas and hotels...
but when I asked him about it to be sure that I could indeed proceed,
he said he just didn't want to be gone overnight in the middle of winter because so much can go wrong on the farm and he didn't want to leave it to the boys.
I was disappointed, but knew that he was right.

Anyway....I've been thinking about this big storm and how REALLY disappointed I would be if I had gone ahead and made all those plans, for us and for the kids, looking forward to our time away so excitedly--
oh, MAN, I'd have been pretty heartsick.

It was good that I was moderately disappointed early to save me from major disappointment now, see?
At least, that's how I'm choosing to look at it.

So I think tonight will be early bedtime and I'm going to curl up in the recliner and crochet and maybe watch a movie on this stormy evening.
Supper is just about ready to put on the table, bedrooms got cleaned today, living room vacuumed,
and the kitchen floor washed.
I did TONS of laundry yesterday so today was only a few loads.
I might actually get to sit down--wouldn't that be something??

Linnea and Christopher were going to go to a 4H activity tomorrow, but that's been cancelled, too.
Hmmmmmm, the kids have been asking about making popcorn balls--I think we'll put that on tomorrow's agenda.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...