Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Recommend


  • Eight Ways to Ease into a Natural Home  Whenever I talk to someone about the things that I do here in our house, it seems eight times out of ten, I'm met with a) a blank stare or b) a "you've GOT to be kidding me type look.  This blogger has said it well, so maybe it will lend some understanding to why I do what I do.
  • 10 Ways to Ease into a Natural Body  Same as above, inserting "for our bodies" where I said "in our house."
  • Essential oils for the bathroom:  Remember when I was complaining about our bathroom?  I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, since I do nearly everything else with essential oils but whatevs.   I have one of those plug-in coffee cup warmers (same thing as a candle warmer) basically like this:
I put some water in a glass jar (it happens to be a salsa jar) and a few drops of whatever I choose for the day--lemon and lime, orange and bergamot, eucalyptus, peppermint, (you get the picture) and it sits on the counter in the bathroom.  It works really well.  I also found out that the children who had been in charge of cleaning the bathroom needed a refresher course (pun intended  HAHAHAHA!!) in the specifics of the toilet cleaning routine.  Ahhhh, much better (as well as can be expected with the number of little people and the percentage of males within our home.).

  • Last one for today:  Downton Abbey  We've just started watching it on Netflix, but I really REALLY like it--and I usually don't like many shows at all.  I'm very easily disinterested, predictable plots bore me, and I have a hard time staying awake for much of anything.  The last time I actually looked forward to watching a show like this was when Dennis and I made it through all eight seasons of 24 in four months.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, 24 great show! Steven and stayed up until 2am for a week watching Season 1 on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did the same thing!!! We would look at each other and say "we really should go to bed..." and then, "one more episode first?" YES! Glad to know we aren't the only ones! :)

      Delete
  2. It's hard with a show like that to NOT watch the next one since each episode is only an hour...Iwas like, I NEED to know what's going to happen!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...