Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ruby's Thoughts on Motherhood

Ruby came to town with Abram and me so that we could drop off some 4-H papers, go to the library, get her glasses adjusted, drop Andrew off with a friend for a sleepover, and get some groceries.  
As it was just the three of us and I was driving our little car and not our 15 passenger van, I got to hear all of her thoughts.  

Ruby has lots of thoughts.

Here is what she had to say about being a mommy.

"I can't wait 'till I get to be a mommy."

"I know...you're gonna be a gooooood mama, Ruby."  I said.

She continued, " Yep.  'Cause then I will get to have a baby.  And I will get to do my own hair by mySELF.  I'll get to nurse my baby, too.  I'll get to touch hot cooking things all by myself.  

"Aaaaaaaaaaand I will get to have a purse.  With money in it.  And maaaaaakeup.  

"I'll do the shopping all by myself. (wha?  I don't even get to do that!!)

*gasp* "I'll get dressed whenever I want!!!!

"I'll get to go wherever I want...I'll be the one who gets to give everyone their bath...and I'll get to tell everyone to do their chores.

"Hey--Mom's don't even get a spankin'!

"And that's why it's SO exciting to be a MAMA!!!" she excitedly sighed.  "I can't wait...."

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...