Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Driver's Seat

Have you ever been a passenger in a car that was driven by someone else?
Wasn't that terribly irresponsible of you?
I mean, my goodness, you had very little if any control over what that person was going to do!  What if he drove too fast?  There you were, hurtling down the highway and you had no control--in fact, had you grabbed the steering wheel, you likely would have gotten hurt.
Did you know the exact route the driver would take?  You couldn't know for sure; he or she could easily go to the left or the right and you wouldn't have any control over that.
How did you know you would arrive at your destination at the right time?  Could you really trust the driver to get you where you needed to be, when you needed to be there?
Were you in the back seat, telling him how he really should be driving?


Or...were you content to sit in your seat, trusting that the driver knew what he was doing?

This is another way to look at my views on birth control:  I am trusting that my Driver knows what He is doing; that He has a plan for my life and for my children's lives.  I trust that He knows what's ahead and that He will send whom He will, when He wants because He is trustworthy.

I am excited to see what He has in store for me on this ride that is my life.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent analogy, Melissa! Thank you so much to you and Dennis for being an example of what it means to truly trust and serve God in all areas of your life! God bless you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I was hoping there would be an announcment at the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salena, I don't think I've ever thanked you for always being happy for our family, and looking forward to our announcements. :) Thank you.

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome!!! My biggest motto is, "Do what works best for YOUR family!"
      You and Dennis make the cutest babies too, can't wait to see more and I LOVE all their names...looking forward to seeing who God brings next!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...