Thursday, November 28, 2013

Change of Plans

I think for the first time in my life I'm doing "nothing" on Thanksgiving. Illness has reared it's head in this house. 
Note to self: have a Plan B meal in mind for future holidays. 
We had pancakes for Thanksgiving dinner.

In an attempt to salvage some tiny bit of "special" from the devastating news that we weren't going to Grandma's for turkey, stuffing, and pie,
I pulled out a table cloth and found some candles from our emergency box.
I dug deep in the recesses of a closet for some placemats,
set the table with plates, cups, forks, knives, AND spoons
and lit the candles.

The magic lasted for a good twenty minutes until they realized this was a sub-par replacement for the meal at Grandma's house.
They were kind enough to not say it out loud, though.

Only four more hours til I can start putting little ones to bed.
*sigh*
Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I hope moods have elevated since Thurs. We had ours Friday, then 8 out of 20 got a bug within 4 days after. It been pretty contagious. Take Care! Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...