Monday, January 18, 2010

Yummy Pancake Recipe

"Bottom of the Box Cereal Pancakes"
1 1/2 c. flour
2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder

1 egg
2 c. milk
2 T. vegetable oil
1 c. flake cereal


Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
Mix egg, milk and oil in a separate bowl until foamy.
Add cereal, let stand 2 minutes until cereal softens.
Add flour mixture and stir just to combine. (Batter will be lumpy.)

Pour 1/4 c. portions of batter onto preheated griddle.
Enjoy!!

Now, for my variations...
I like to use a cinnamon/sugar mixture for the 2T. sugar.
(I keep a shaker of cinnamon and sugar in the cupboard for putting on toast. I just use 2 T. of that. If you don't have that already, you could just add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon to the recipe.)

And instead of cornflakes, I like to use Life cereal--especially all the crumbs and powder at the bottom of the container!
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...