Sunday, October 30, 2011

What's My "Usual"?

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me if I 
"usually" go early or late,
well, let's just say I could afford that homebirth I've been wanting. ;-)

When my friend asked me recently, though,
it struck me that I could make a blog post out of the answer!
(A lot like when my kids do or say something and then ask,
sometimes with trepidation, sometimes out of eagerness,
"are you going to put that on your blog?")

The short answer is that I've gone anywhere from 10 days "early"
to seven days "late".

The long answer, in break-down form is
Nathaniel:  10 days before his due date
Isaiah:  7 days before
Linnea: the day after her due date
Andrew:  I was induced on his due date
(I didn't know then what I know now about inductions.  Though the experience was fine, I would not choose that route again.)
Christopher:  9 days before
Elijah:  4 days before
Ruby:  7 days before
Ivy: 7 days after her due date

As you can see, I don't have a "usual".
Like the nature of birth, the arrival of the children has followed no predictable pattern
(ie, gone longer each time or gone shorter each time).

So we'll see when this baby decides to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. Its sometimes hard because we get antsy to see our little ones and want to be in control, but you are totally right that they know when they want to come! I tried lots of natural methods to try and get Scarlett to come out the last few weeks of pregnancy. Next time I will try to be more patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I'd say you "usually" go early so we'll see with this little blessing too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...