Saturday, September 15, 2012

The First Night of AWANA

Andrew, Christopher, Elijah and Ruby have been waiting for AWANA to start again!
(For those who may not know, AWANA is a Scripture memory program for kids.)

 Christopher is in his 2nd year of Sparks and this is Elijah's first year of Sparks, so he didn't have his vest the first night.

I forgot to flip up the flash, but I still like this picture of Ruby--
she has been waiting forEVER to be a Cubbie!
She jumped right in to the group and participated so well!

 Again forgetting the flash, but I still think this one is cool!
Christopher likes it because he thinks it makes him look like Dash from The Incredibles.

 Such FORM!  Elijah and Christopher both really love Game Time!

Ruby was proud as could be to have made her craft and learned her verse.
We worked on it all week and her brothers and sisters helped her, too.

"Mommy, take a picture of my craft with my verse on it."

Here she was saying her verse to the listener who then signs saying it was memorized successfully.

The picture I took of Andrew didn't turn out well, so I didn't include it. 
He's in T & T this year and is happy to be with his good buddy, Anthony.

Linnea is too old for AWANA this year.
Some churches do have a group for her age level, but not the church where we go to AWANA.

AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed, based on 2 Timothy 2:15.
It is a wonderful program!  I have been amazed at the number of verses my children have committed to memory now.  What a great way to hide God's word in our hearts as we work together on the verses.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...