Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. Sometimes there are situations where I find I am afraid that someone will come along and catch me playing grown-up.
2. I have seven children. In many ways, seven kids are easier than one. No kidding.
3. I have a blog. You know this because you are reading it, but it amazes me every day. I can barely answer my cell phone and yet can post items here that people all over the country can read. Whoa.
4. I don't get sports. I am easily bored when playing them. I just don't see the point of chasing a ball.
5. I don't drink or swear---though some days it's a wonder that I don't start.
6. I like dip. All kinds of dip--for chips, for fruit, for bread...Maybe that's why I have a weight problem??
7. I am a germ-a-phobe. I won't touch public bathroom door handles, I wash my hands a zillion times a day, I won't touch my face after being in a store. Shaking hands at church is a hurdle for me.
8. I use cloth diapers--and I like doing so.
9. I home educate my kids--and I like that, too.
10. I HATE HATE HATE salamanders. I am NOT exaggerating.
11. I don't take any pain meds/epidurals during childbirth.
12. I enjoy cleaning the house.
13. I went to high school with some of the funniest people on the planet.
14. My kids are smarter than me. I'm so not kidding. I ask my 12 year old for help with MY history, math, and Bible.
15. I love learning obscure facts. The kind that leave people speechless. Like, did you know that President Taft (who was overweight) once got stuck in his bathtub at the White House?
16. I love doing laundry. I am a clothesline fanatic from April through November.
17. We get four channels on our TV: CBS, PBS, ABC and FOX. Now with DTV, we get five! FOX, two PBS's and 2 ABC's. Whoopie.
18. Even though I haven't listened to anything other than Christian talk radio for nearly ten years I could probably sing the lyrics to every Country song recorded in 1995. Yet, I am hard-pressed to accurately recite more than four Bible verses.
19. I have occasionally neglected to buckle my seat belt right away, as my vehicle hurtles along at 55-60 mph and yet I cannot eat an unwashed apple.
20. I've never shopped in GAP or Old Navy. I think I was in a GAP once, my senior year of high school on our class trip to the Mall of America, but I didn't buy anything.
21. I am happiest when I am home.
22. I love thunderstorms.
23. I would love to travel to Maine some day.
24. I love to read.
25. I love my children more than I would have thought humanly possible. Knowing that God loves me more is breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...