Today, I become the mother of a teenager.
Thirteen years ago today, I labored to bring him into the world. At 6:08 pm, Nathaniel arrived weighing 8 lbs. 8 oz.
I was convinced I was having a girl, but Daddy announced "he's a boy!".
In honor of his special day, I will write 13 things about our oldest son.
1. He is a walking atlas. Seriously.
2. He is a walking encyclopedia. Seriously.
3. He is a voracious reader.
4. He loves cashews.
5. As a toddler, he had the best giggle.
6. He has a quick wit and great sense of humor.
7. He is big enough to still call me "mommy" when talking to the little ones. ie. "Mommy says it's time for supper."
8. He has been to way more states than I have.
9. He changes diapers, and has for years. Probably more than Dad or Grandpa.
10. This child whom I once held in my arms is now hard to distinguish from his dad from a distance.
11. He is a hard worker.
12. He is a good brother.
13. He is the first child to make me a Mom.