Thursday, January 13, 2011

Home Educating My 4 Year Old

I was sort of scrambling for something 
for Elijah to do.
"Mom, can I do school?  Can I do school?"

Then I remembered 
that I had a big jar of powdered coffee creamer
that someone had given me a long time ago.

Knowing that boys do well with sensory things,
and that it would also keep him busy,
I sprinkled some on the plate
and asked him to draw some letters or shapes.

Elijah's letter!

He had a super fun time doing this,
it wasn't all that messy,
it was cheap (FREE!),
aaaaannnd educational.
What more could I ask for?
(Other than a maid, a van, a few meals that I didn't cook,
and a tan?)

1 comment:

  1. We just did this and Zoelle loved it! We used flour! Meridian thought she could eat it. Lol! :) At least Zoelle learned that she really could write a lower case "e" as she never could when she used a pen/pencil/crayon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...