Friday, October 23, 2009

Murphy's Oil Soap


Murphy's Oil Soap is one of my very good friends.

You've probably all heard of the little trick to make your husband think you've started supper even when you haven't is to saute an onion?

Well, Murphy's Oil Soap is like that, but for housecleaning.

I should tell you that my method of "dusting" is to blow really hard as I stand in front of the shelf or tv cabinet.
If it is particularly dirty, I may even tuck my hand in my sleeve and give it a swipe, but only very occasionally.

This is probably why on my cleaning days, I really like to wash the surfaces instead of just "dust" them. 'Cause, see, I don't really "dust".

An added bonus is that if I leave the house and come back inside, it smells like I've really been cleaning!
It's sort of like the "spic and span" smell in your bathroom smells like you've been cleaning, but this is milder smell--for wood.

If, like Bonnie, you had not previously hear of Murphy's Oil soap, you can find it in any cleaning product section at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

Too bad I won't get any royalties off of my little advertisement for this...

2 comments:

  1. But what do you do with it? It it just for wood? Really I need some major ideas with this stuff. Maybe you should plan a little visit to Mhd so we can review this.
    FYI: Melissa you are a great writer. You and I are very similar in many ways...and yet so different too ;). It's nice to read your posts and feel like, "Yes I feel that way too!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    I looked at the back of the package and here is what it said:
    for finished Wood Surfaces such as
    *wood floors
    *cabinets
    *tables and chairs
    *wood paneling
    *laminate floors
    *bookcases
    and for Non-Wood Surfaces like
    *no-wax floors
    *ceramic tile
    *painted surfaces
    *laundry stains (I did NOT know that one!)
    *cars
    *vinyl
    So now you know...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...