Monday, October 26, 2009

Why am I so hard on myself??

One day last week I was sort of berating myself because it was 10:30 and I had not yet gotten in the shower.

I was telling myself, "this is ridiculous..."
I think, now, that it was my mortal enemy, Satan, who was telling me that.

It was then that I stopped that train of thought, and realized that if I were my own friend, I would say something like the following:

"Good grief, Girl! You may not have showered, but you have
*walked two miles
*did your weights workout
*changed and dressed two little people
*instigated the dressing of three other not-so-little people
*washed and hung out two loads of laundry
*washed a counterful of dishes
*prepared supper (in the crock-pot)
*fixed breakfast for six (Dennis and the bigger boys make their own)
*taught first grade
*started work with the fourth grader
*swept the kitchen
AND had devotional time with the Lord!"

I think I need to cut myself some slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...